13 Inexpensive Ways to make your home worth More & sell Quicker.
- Get rid of clutter. Throw out stacks of newspapers & magazines. Leave plenty of counter space in kitchen & baths. Throw or give away items you no longer use. Clean out the garage & basement. Have a yard sale!
- Wash your windows & screens to let more natural light inside. Consider removing curtain panels & leave just valances to let in even more light especially to show off a great view.
- Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop & wax floors. Clean the stove & refrigerator. A clean house makes a better first impression & convinces home buyers that the home has been well cared for. Pay particular attention to the kitchen & baths.
- Smells- Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, & pet smells. Open windows if possible. Try not to let anyone smoke in the home the day of a showing.
- Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements & other dark rooms. Replace any burnt out bulbs.
- Make minor home repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems, such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping faucet, may seem trivial, but it will give the buyer the impression that the home wasn't well maintained.
- Fresh interior & exterior paint is, dollar for dollar, the most profitable improvement home sellers can make. Paint using neutral colors but not white, it appears too harsh.
- If your budget allows, Install new light fixtures -instantly updates a room.
- Replacing worn carpets or flooring -ask your real estate professional for advice.
- Tidy up your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves & trim the bushes. Plant a few bright flowers near the entryway. Home buyers will drive by first then decide if they want to see the inside.
- Patch holes in your driveway & reapply sealant, if applicable.
- " Stage " the home to sell. I am a Certified Home Marketing Stager, I will advise you how to Stage your home to sell quicker & for more Money, Its inexpensive & fun !
- Beautify the front entrance. Clean up leaves & cobwebs. Paint the front door if needed. Place down a new welcome mat (a black one to hide dirt & mud ) add a colorful planter. 1st impressions mean a lot!
*** When choosing a Real Estate Agent, hire an experienced local agent with an aggressive marketing plan both in print & on-line. Hire An agent that works full time, some agents work part - time treating your Real estate sale as a hobby. You need an agent who will be serious about selling your home, Your biggest asset.
Courtesy of Karen Ann Martin ~ REALTOR
Professional Real Estate Consultant and Home Staging Services
Safe Harbor Realty 780 Main Rd. Westport MA 02790
Call / Text 774-930-8181 Email Karen@KarenMartinHomes.com